
(credit to Better Homes and Gardens)
INGREDIENTS:
6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled (or you can use bacon bits if you're lazy like me)
6 oz. fettuccine
1 beaten egg
1 cup half-and-half (I use milk)
2 T. margarine
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 cup Parmesan
1/4 cup fresh parsley
ground black pepper
salt
DIRECTIONS:
Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, keep warm.
In a saucepan, melt margarine. Add minced garlic, saute until lightly browned. Add cream and egg. Cook and whisk over medium heat (do not boil) about 6 minutes. Immediately pour over pasta; stir to coat.
Add bacon, Parmesan, pepper and salt to taste. Mix; serve. (I usually end up microwaving it before serving because it's gotten cool. And don't worry if it seems saucy--it thickens as it sits).
1 comment:
I liked this Megan. I used the half & half and totally forgot the parsley. My sauce got a bit too thick because I mismanaged my time and the pasta was not in time. I also added a few chicken strips because I didn't think my family would be happy with just bacon. It was good! thanks.
Post a Comment